Comprehensive financial planning:Our goal is to provide a comprehensive plan covering all aspects applicable to your financial situation. It would include as many of the following that are applicable.
- Retirement planning - establishing goals, implementing a savings plan, and determining distribution alternatives
- Education planning – determining amounts needed and the timing, identify funding sources and implement savings plan
- Life special events planning – identify events or goals you wish to achieve, estimate funding and implement savings plan
- Assets and income protection review – determine insurance needs for health, disability, home, auto, life and liability by identifying areas of risk and potential financial loss
- Care plan for loved ones – Consider costs of long term health care for yourself and family members and implement a funding plan
- Investment plan – Develop personalized investment strategy and construct a portfolio with an asset allocation customized to your risk profile
- Estate plan – Determine how you wish to distribute your assets and structure a plan to accomplish your wishes. Use of wills and trusts may be beneficial.
- Tax Planning – Structure each area of the financial plan to take advantage of tax efficient strategies
- Budgeting – Review income and expenses and structure customized solution
As a registered investment advisor, MFS provides investment advice and asset management services. If you wish to handle your own investments, but want guidance in putting together a portfolio or asset allocation, we can assist you with that. Or if you want someone to manage your assets, full investment management services are provided.
- Investment philosophy
- Building wealth requires a long-term vision to investing. In the short term, markets are unpredictable.
- Owning companies (equities) is preferred over lending to them (bonds). Since 1926, equities have outperformed bonds 2 to 1.
- Diversification among various asset classes reduces risk and fluctuation in portfolio returns.
- A global allocation enables you to capture returns in growing economies worldwide.
- Recommended approach
- Use no load mutual funds and exchange traded funds to invest in multiple asset classes and take advantage of professional asset management at low cost.
- Monitor fund performance and rebalance quarterly as needed.
- Custody of assets
- All accounts are held in your name at the custodian of your choice. MFS recommends Shareholders Service Group as custodian if you have no preference.
- Financial Planning
Hourly basis @ $125/hour or
Negotiated fixed fee based on complexity and timeframe for planning
- Asset Management
.55% per year on assets of $2 million or less
.45% for assets $2,000,001 to $10,000,000
Negotiable on assets exceeding $10 million
$2,000 minimum annual fee
- Service agreement is required with $500 due at signing.